Monroe Community College Career Technology Center
Career Technology Center offerings include nuclear engineering; mechanical engineering and automation; quality assurance; automotive engineering and service; advanced manufacturing; and renewable energies/green technologies. The single story 60,000 square foot building features a high bay area with flexible space and high bay doors housing large pieces of manufacturing equipment and technology for indoor training. The traditional-height area houses office space, classrooms, and labs which simulate office environments.
Designed to meet LEED Silver standards, JDRM Engineering included the following features:
– 60 geothermal wells that are each 400 feet deep for heating and cooling.
– air handlers which utilize heat recovery wheels to harvest energy from inside and outside air without using additional energy.
– occupancy sensors for lighting in all rooms as well as a light management system.
– automatic sensors and low-flow plumbing fixtures as well as high-speed hand dryers.
– all equipment and systems selected for low life cycle cost, durability, and ease of maintenance.
– a micro-processor based building management system (BMS) employing direct digital controls provides monitoring, controlling, and operation optimization of the HVAC systems.
– high efficiency instantaneous domestic hot water heaters provide domestic hot water
JDRM services included mechanical, electrical, HVAC and fire protection engineering.